Ambulatory Care Facility

Client Hackensack UMC in

× Back To Projects
× Back Home

Hackensack University Medical Center
Robert C. Garrett, President / CEO

Mediplex Medical Building Corporation
Phillip H. Taylor, Executive Vice President

Core, Shell and Parking
C. Joe Buskuhl, Architect HKS, Inc.

Tenant Work:
Mediplex Medical Building Corporation

Construction Cost:
$31,300,000 – Core Shell and Parking
$18,000,000 – Tenant Work

270,000 SF

Date of Completion:

The Hackensack University Medical Plaza is a nine-story, 270,000 square foot ambulatory care facility with an attached parking structure and connector to the balance of the medical center. The facility houses a combination of physician practices, diagnostic services, and specialty institutes.

Approximately 75% of the facility is occupied by medical center ambulatory/outpatient services, with the remaining 25% used for physician office space. The Medical Plaza Building interior centers around a large atrium which extends from the ground level through nine levels to a rooftop skylight.

The parking garage component, which is connected to an older parking structure, adds 1,000 additional parking spaces, and the overhead connector links the new facility to the other hospital buildings with access from the parking garage at the third level.

Comments are closed.